black blood care sheet · blood python care sheet · borneo short tail care sheet · sumatran blood python care sheet · sumatran python care sheet ·
Blood and Short Tail Python Care Sheet
Easy Guide to Blood and Short Tail Python Husbandry (Care Sheet)
- Life Expectancy: ~20 Years
- Size: 4-6 ft / HEAVY BODIED
- Food: Hopper Mice - Jumbo Rats
- Feed Schedule: Once per week
- Baby Enclosure Size: 6 qt tub, v-15 bin, or 10 gallon tank
- Adult Enclosure Size: 41 qt tub, cb70 bin, or 20-40 gallon tank / 4x2x2 enclosure
- Ambient Temp: 78-82 degrees fahrenheit
- Hot Spot: 85-88 degrees fahrenheit
- Humidity: 60-70%
- Types of bedding: Coconut, Moss, Cypress, or Paper
- Temperament/Handleability: Spicy and jumpy. Can be tamed with work. Most captive bred animals are usually calmer.
- Additional info: Blood and Short Tail Pythons have a few color and pattern mutation. Prices vary between species, started at around $149. These snakes do good generally wet and eat large meals. Lights are optional but not recommended. Heat mats are the best choice.
Leave a comment